WHO WE ARE
Our leadership team is transforming Battery Mineral Resources into one of the key players in the battery sector by unlocking the value of its diversified portfolio during the current global mega-trend of electrification. They drive performance, deliver excellence and champion our corporate culture and values. Learn more about the team focused on becoming a premier and sustainable supplier of battery minerals to the electrification marketplace. We strongly believe our leadership brings a wealth of technical, regulatory, finance, business and ESG experience to explore and develop a diversified portfolio of assets in top jurisdictions.
Derek White I B.Sc. Geological Engineering, CA
STRATEGIC & TECHNICAL ADVISOR
- 30+ years of experience in the mining and metals industry. He holds an undergraduate degree in Geological Engineering from the University of British Columbia and is also a Chartered Accountant.
- Was President and CEO of KGHM International Ltd. from 2012 to 2015, and also held the positions of Executive Vice President, Business Development and Chief Financial Officer of Guadra FNX Mining Ltd. from 2004 to 2012.
Hector Arenas I B.Sc. Mining Engineering, MBA
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
- 30+ years of experience in the financial & mining industry as a mining engineer, senior executive and financial advisor, based in Lima Peru.
- Mr. Arenas was General Manager and Director for the last six years at Compania Minera San Valentin and prior to was Corporate Finance Manager at Banco Wiese Sudameris (third largest bank in Peru at that time).
- Previously Mr. Arenas has participated in a broad number of exploration projects with various companies including Trevali Resources, Cardero Resources, lndico Resources; and was involved in project construction, permitting, community relations and financial structuring.
Mike Schuler I B.Sc. Geology
EXPLORATION MANAGER, CHILE
- 40+ years of experience in the mining industry as a project geologist, project manager, exploration manager and VP Exploration, based in La Serena Chile
- Mr. Schuler has managed mineral exploration programs in the Western U.S., Papua New Guinea, Australia, Bolivia, Brazil and Chile. His work spans over 15 years in Chile. His work in Chile includes the discovery and delineation of the El Espino IOGC deposit (150 MT@ 0.66% Cu and 0.25% Au)
- Mr. Schuler has held senior positions in a number of mining and mineral exploration companies including Nord Resources, Pasminco, Da Capo Resources, Altoro, Solitario Resources, Explorator, Pucobre and Azul Resources.
Dr Joseph Ferron | PhD Metallurgy
- Over 40 years of experience as a metallurgist with a specialization in hydrometallurgy of base metal extraction. He previously worked as a manager at SGS Lakefield in Peterborough Ontario and has done extensive work on copper and cobalt ore floatation.
- Some of the bases metal projects he has worked on include Filo del Sol, Cerro Corona, El Indio, Mantos Blancos and Chuquicamata in Chile, Tenke Fugurume, Kipushi and Kolwezi in the DRC, as well as Morenci and Duluth in the U.S.A.
- Dr Ferron has worked with private and public companies of all sizes including Falconbridge, Noranda, Lac Minerals, Barrick, Goldcorp, Boliden, Gecamines, Union Minere, Phelps Dodge, Sudamin Rohstoff and Codelco
Harbor Access LLC | Investor Relations Advisors and Investor Access
Harbor Access LLC opened its doors in 2017 and has actively built its client base to date. The firm's name is derived from the SEC's Safe Harbor Act and the investment banking service Corporate Access. Both relate to our core competencies of investor communications and investor marketing. Harbor Access LLC represents and advises Micro to Mega market cap companies. Harbor Access brings extensive experience and professionalism to every client and customizes its work to meet their individual goals. Our team has been directly involved in the capital markets for over 100 years, collectively, with a focus on small and medium capitalized companies.